Chiropractic care dates back thousands of years. Practitioners through the centuries have utilized the techniques to treat injuries and to improve overall health. Today, there are numerous ways that a modern chiropractor could improve your health and well-being.
- Trauma caused by an accident is the cause of many first-time visits to a chiropractor. Many such injuries are not visible but can be serious and are certainly painful. Chiropractic training allows chiropractors to deal with many of these injuries very effectively.
- Many people have jobs that force them to remain seated for long periods of time. Weakened muscles are one of the consequences of this sedentary job posture and can result in stress injuries. Regular chiropractic care can alleviate the pressure on the muscles.
- Check the soles of shoes for uneven wear. This may indicate a subluxation of the spine, the underlying cause of many health problems. The vertebral bones are intended to house and protect the nervous system. When vertebrae are not able to function normally because they are not in their intended position, this interferes with the proper function of the nervous system.
- Many athletes, especially runners, include regular chiropractic visits as part of their training regimen. Preventive chiropractic care helps them to remain in top condition by keeping joints properly aligned. Running causes a great deal of wear-and-tear on joints; when this happens, the joints aren’t able to experience the full range of motion. Chiropractic care can alleviate this condition by correcting misalignments, improving balance, coordination, reaction times and overall performance.
- Chronic pain in joints or muscles is a side effect of many ailments, often treated with surgery or drugs. These musculoskeletal problems are effectively treated by a chiropractor, offering relief from the pain without the pills.
- Frequent headaches or limited range of motion in your neck indicate that something is wrong. A chiropractor will work to diagnose the cause and develop a treatment plan.
Bridgetown Chiropractic and Wellness offers a holistic approach to healthy living for their Portland, OR patients. An experienced Chiropractor in Portland focuses on customer service and treatments tailored to their patient’s lifestyle. The practice receives many referrals from physicians and lawyers. As an added benefit, they will do all of the insurance paperwork for their patients.